Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Fast Metabolism Diet

I have tried different diets, programs and crazy exercise routines (check them out here) which gave me results for the time I used them but it didn't last long because I got burn out. So this time its the turn for Haylie Pomroy's The Fast Metabolism Diet. The diet promises to lose up to 20 pounds in 28 days all through the fat-burning power of eating A LOT OF FOOD. So here we go!


Update: Mar 10, 2014 Ok, so I finished the 28 day cycle of The Fast Metabolism Diet. Check out week 123 & 4.


My review:  Pros:
  1. You get to eat delicious, healthy foods.
  2. Energy is back.
  3. My skin started to clean out from grown-up acne.
  4. I was able to exercise with more stamina.
Cons:
  1. This is a VERY expensive diet to follow.
  2. It is VERY hard, if not impossible, to find a place to eat out.
  3. I didn't like having to carry food around with me all the time.
  4. It is difficult to remember what foods you are allow to eat on different days when out (didn't want to carry with the book as a reference--I'm pretty sure that the app would've be a lot of help with this one)
  5. Requieres a lot of pre-preparation, a lot of time in the kitchen and a lot of shopping trips.
  6. A large % of the suggested foods are not easy to find or you might need to order them online.
Does it work?: I am still confused and I don't know if the diet really works, even when I followed the diet strictly for 2 weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment